Johnny Carino’s announced today that throughout the month of May, they are partnering with the National Breast Cancer Foundation to raise money for their efforts in providing education, early detection services, and support to women in need. Guests who visit Johnny Carino’s will have the opportunity to “round up” their checks to the nearest dollar and donate the remaining change to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. The Carino’s Foundation, the restaurant chain’s nonprofit arm, will match the funds raised in May up to $25,000.
“We are very excited to be partnering with Round It Up America® to help raise money for the National Breast Cancer Foundation,” said Creed Ford III, President and CEO of Johnny Carino’s. “This is the time of year that we celebrate the moms in our lives, and we wanted to take that opportunity to bring awareness to the National Breast Cancer Foundation and the great services and support they offer to women everywhere. So many of us have been affected by breast cancer and we felt the season of celebrating moms was a great time to emphasize this great organization and the important work they do.”
“For over fifteen years, Johnny Carino’s and the Carino’s Foundation have improved the lives of families in the communities they serve,” says NBCF Founder & CEO, Janelle Hail. “We’re especially grateful for their support through this year’s Mother’s Day round-up promotion. These funds will help us provide breast cancer support and early detection services to women in need, in communities all across America.”
Out of every dollar donated to Round It Up America®, a minimum of 91 cents goes to the charities it serves. Mission Partners allocate 75% of their funds to charities of their choice. The remaining 25% benefits the American Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund, the Educational Foundations of the State, and National Restaurant Associations for their ProStart programs.
“The Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation is very excited to have Johnny Carino’s as one of our newest partners in Texas,” said Sandy Mitschke, Vice President, TRA Education Foundation. “Since October of 2013 we’ve had 5 restaurant partners sign on, representing 62 units statewide.” 5% of funds raised benefit the Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation. Also benefited is Texas ProStart, a high school culinary arts and restaurant management program currently in more than 200 Texas high schools, reaching over 20,000 students each year.
We’re very excited to have Johnny Carino’s on board,” said Harald Hermann who, along with Jennifer Weerheim, co-founded Round It Up America® in 2010. “What sets Round It Up America® apart is that our Mission Partners can vet and select their own non-profit partners. Johnny Carino’s has been an active supporter in their communities and they have much to be proud of.”
About Johnny Carino’s
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Johnny Carino's owns and operates 45 restaurants nationwide, in conjunction with over 50 franchise partner locations. Johnny Carino’s offers a wide selection of original, fresh, delectable dishes at superior value that every family can afford to enjoy. For more information about Johnny Carino's, please visit http://carinos.com. To receive the latest updates, please “Like” Carino’s Italian on Facebook at http://facebook.com/carinositalian and follow Carino’s Italian on Twitter at http://twitter.com/carinositalian.
About Carino’s Foundation
Carino’s Foundation is the nonprofit arm of Johnny Carino’s. Through the years, the Carino’s Foundation has supported many charitable organizations that focus on the needs of children, from hunger relief to medical care to research. It has raised more than $2.5 million for various nonprofits since 1997. For more information about Carino’s Foundation, please visit: http://carinos.com/cares.
About National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.®
Recognized as one of the leading breast cancer organizations in the world, the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s (NBCF) mission is to help women now by providing help and inspiring hope to those affected by breast cancer through early detection, education and support services. A recipient of Charity Navigator’s highest 4-star rating for ten years, NBCF provides women Help for Today…Hope for Tomorrow® through its National Mammography Program, Beyond The Shock®, Early Detection Plan, MyNBCF online support community, and breast cancer research programs. For more information, please visit http://www.nbcf.org