The physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals at Baptist Health Breast Center-Little Rock, which is a service of Baptist Health-Little Rock realize that breast health is an increasingly important issue in women’s lives. Because breast cancer affects 1 in 8 women in the United States, Baptist Health has developed a strong, comprehensive program of services for breast health and the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease.
Baptist Health Breast Centers participate in the National Breast Cancer Foundation Patient Navigator Program, a proactive approach to helping patients overcome the barriers of cost, fear, and misinformation surrounding a disease and its prevention.
Why Choose Baptist Health Breast Center:
– Experienced radiologists on-site
– Advanced 3D Mammography
– Invenia ABUS 2.0 (Automated Breast Ultrasound System)
– 24-hour Mammography results available through Baptist Health MyChart
– Radiology reads are done on-site by local physicians
– Nurse navigators available if a cancer diagnosis is made to aid in the patient’s journey and process.
– Baptist Health Breast Center-Little Rock has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
– No physician referral needed to schedule an appointment.
“Our Nurse Navigator Program has evolved since its inception over 10 years ago. Not only does Christina McGehee care for newly diagnosed women throughout their initial journey, she also is our point of contact for the high risk patients that we identify when they come into our Breast Center. She is the one who follows up with the patients who have tested for genetic mutations relaying their results, sharing management strategies in their healthcare, and referring them to a specialist that is applicable. We are so thankful for the NBCF for allowing us to be able to continue to support the women of Arkansas in such a way.” — Laurie Loyd RNP, Baptist Health Breast Center Coordinator
Donations are always appreciated, but there are lots of great ways to get involved.