FRISCO, TX – National Breast Cancer Foundation is proud to announce the recipients of their 2020 “Rooted in Community” Volunteer Awards. The recipients will be honored at an awards ceremony on February 27th at the Lincoln Experience Center at The Star in Frisco. The list of honorees are:
Advocate Award: Carr Cares Foundation
- Awarded to an individual or organization whose support for women and families increased public awareness of NBCF’s programs. They are a champion of women and families facing breast cancer and advocated for the programs and mission of NBCF in their community and beyond to connect and inspire others to support the cause.
Board Leadership Award: Gabi Barbarena
- Awarded to a NBCF board member for their diligent commitment and initiative in fulfilling NBCF’s mission.
Community Partner Award: Terri Paterson McElhaney
- Awarded to an individual or organization who has shown excellence in connecting NBCF to the community and provided opportunities for local engagement.
Corporate Service Award: Bank of America
- Awarded to a business or employee group whose contributions to NBCF helped grow our capacity and capabilities to deliver more resources to women in need.
Helping Hands Award: Geneva Polster
- Awarded to an individual or group whose collaborative efforts helped bring volunteers together to expand NBCF’s reach into the community.
Leadership Award: Ryan Shifflett
- Awarded to an individual who continually sought out opportunities to educate, support, and serve others through NBCF, promoting awareness of both breast health and NBCF in their community.
Milestone Award: Victoria Auchenbach
- Awarded to an individual who committed the most hours to volunteering for NBCF. Their dedication and service helped support the day to day of NBCF and its various programs.
Spirit of NBCF Award: Melanie Neystel
- Awarded to a volunteer who has faced breast cancer and has given time and service to furthering NBCF’s mission of Helping Women Now. This volunteer is a role model of hope & positivity and used their story to educate and empower others.
Volunteer Fundraiser Service Award: Coretta Almon
- Awarded to a volunteer fundraiser who shared their personal story, spread awareness, and brought their community together to help women impacted by breast cancer.
Volunteer Fundraiser Spotlight Award: The 12
- Awarded to a volunteer fundraiser whose efforts and hard work helped to exceed their fundraising goals and deliver more resources to women in need.
About National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.®
Recognized as one of the leading breast cancer organizations in the world, National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) is Helping Women Now® by providing early detection, education and support services to those affected by breast cancer. NBCF provides support through their National Mammography Program, Patient Navigation, Beyond The Shock®, breast health education, and research programs. For more information, please visit www.nbcf.org.