Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a time to show support for your community, friends, and loved ones who have been affected by breast cancer. Fundraising during the month of October will give you the opportunity to move past awareness and take action!
One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime. While we can’t prevent breast cancer, we can make sure that every woman has the tools and education she needs to be proactive about her health. Your fundraiser is a critical link to provide life-saving services for women in need.
Before you jump into your fundraiser, check out these 9 ideas and tips for success.
- DIY Fundraising Page: If you already have a fundraising idea and want to gather donations online, use NBCF’s easy-to-use fundraising platform, Classy. You can create a custom page, add your own profile photo, share your story, set a goal, and share a link to donate with friends and family. Need help? View our step-by-step instructions and free resources.
- Fundraise on Facebook: Facebook allows you to raise money by rallying your friends and sharing updates through your newsfeed and personal fundraiser page. Your network can donate, interact, and share your fundraiser to make a larger impact. Learn more about how to get started fundraising on Facebook.
- Fundraise on Instagram: Instagram gives you the ability to reach a wider audience using posts, stories, and Instagram Live. Plus, we have interactive templates to get your followers engaged. Learn more about how to get started fundraising on Instagram.
- Fitness challenges are an interactive way to raise funds and promote a healthy body and mind. Be creative and explore workout classes that people could donate to attend, in-person or virtually. Start a walk-a-thon for individuals to pledge donations for miles walked. Or try a challenge like doing 50 squats a day for one month and record your progress to entice donations.
- Celebrate big milestones by giving back. Birthdays, anniversaries, cancerversaries, or other special events are the perfect times to pay-it-forward.
- Add purpose to your passions. Small businesses can engage customers by donating a percentage of proceeds to the cause or by designing a pink item to further promote awareness. Or if you have a hobby, try taking it to the next level by aligning with a cause and donating proceeds during October.
- Make donating easy with PayPal. If you don’t want to set up a fundraising page or mail in donations, share NBCF’s PayPal for one-click donations. You can find NBCF on PayPal @nbcf91.
- Get your teammates involved through an employee fundraiser. Whether you’re working from home or in the office, bring your peers together for good. You can sell t-shirts or other items that get your team pumped. Or host an internal competition with prizes to incentivize your team.
- Say game over to breast cancer with Game Pink. Game Pink is bringing together gamers, streamers, and fans on a mission to help women and families impacted by breast cancer. Playing your favorite video game can make a difference in the lives of women and families facing the realities of breast cancer. Simply sign up to create your own charity stream and start fundraising.
Want to give back, but don’t have time to set up a fundraiser? Want to donate, but running short on cash? Here’s how to give back in 2 minutes with zero dollars:
- Use Amazon Smile. Select National Breast Cancer Foundation as your charity on Amazon Smile. NBCF will receive a 0.5% donation each time you shop on Amazon.
- Set a fav charity on PayPal. Set NBCF as your favorite charity and donate directly, or have the option to donate $1 each time you checkout.